Today, we'll be going from THIS:
1. Resize, crop to your base, whatever. Don't do anything else to it just yet.
2. Duplicate it once and set the copy to Screen. Make sure it's on an opacity that doesn't make it look too bright or washed out. I had mine at 26. Remember, it depends on the image.
3. Merge all.
4. Create a new layer. Fill it with a hot pink color (#ee1248).
5. Set this layer to Soft Light at a somewhat low opacity. I had mine at 40. DO NOT MERGE THE LAYERS.
6. Create another new layer. Fill it with a bright, light blue (#63e7e2). Set it to Burn or Color Burn. Mess with the opacity until you like it. Now merge all.
7. Duplicate the background layer twice, set both to Soft Light.
8. Merge all, and you're done!
Remember, don't copy this tutorial EXACTLY. Mix it up until you make it your own!
Other icons made with a similar method:
Feel free to ask me any questions!